If you’re trying to eat healthier Desi food try the following:
- Replace ghee and vegetable oil in your regular cooking with a light olive oil
- Eliminate beef and red meats all together. You don’t need it.
- Eat paneer in moderation. Substitute with extra-firm tofu.
- Do not add cream to your curries - add yogurt instead.
- Substitute panfrying and deepfrying for baking and broiling whenever possible
- Cut down the amount of aata you use in chapati dough by adding in firm bananas. Alternately you can use millet flour.
- Reduce the amount of salt in your dish by increasing the amount of flavor through healthier spices like zeera, haldi, methi, etc.
- Cut rice intake and fill the void with leafy greens and vegetables
YOU DO NOT NEED TO ‘STOP EATING DESI’ IN ORDER TO BE HEALTHY.